- This event has passed.
Surf Rescue Certificate Camp 2021
December 27, 2021 @ 8:00 am - December 30, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
The Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) course is a 4 day program where participants are trained in the teamwork, communication, first aid and lifesaving skills by club trainers to prepare them as cadet lifesavers. The program runs 9 am to 6pm for the first three days with the final assessment from 9am and finish by 2pm after final assessment and presentations.
Pre-requisites for the SRC include:
- 13 years old on the day of the final assessment
- Complete a 200m swim in five (5) minutes or less, unaided (goggles permitted). This must be completed prior to attendance on the course – see download course details .pdf and complete the ‘timed swim confirmation form’. Please send a photo/ scan a copy of the completed form to [email protected]
- Sign the ‘SRC Course Code of Conduct form’ attached and send a photo/ scan a copy of the completed form to [email protected]
The club provide this training at a significantly discounted cost to recruit new patrol members. Participants are strongly encouraged to give back by either assisting where possible with water safety for the nipper program or participating as patrolling lifesavers on a roster of patrols for one weekend a month for at least the season.
How To Enrol
You need to complete the following steps prior to course commencement
Dates & Times*
Day 1: 9am-5:30pm Monday 27th December 2021
Day 2: 9am-5:30pm Tuesday 28th December 2021
Day 3: 9am-5:30pm Wednesday 29th December 2021
Day 4: 9am-2:00pm Thursday 30th December 2021
* All sessions must be attended
** Due to COVID-19 restrictions, participants are unable to stay at the club.
- Waratah Beach bathers
- Patrol Cap, Shirt and Shorts
- High visibility rashie
- Lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea